I previously posted our before/after pictures of our main bathroom remodel & the fact that we were about to start my daughters bathroom remodel. I am so excited to say we are about finished with the project! It is seriously amazing how much a little money, time, and elbow grease can transform a bathroom - and when I say little I really do mean little. We did not spend a fortune, it wasn't a ton of work, etc.
Simple things you can do to update your bathroom are:
- Purchase a new mirror - many bathrooms have large unframed mirrors that tend to give a bathroom that "cheap" look. This is one of the biggest improvements you can make for under $25 - just watch for a good deal on a mirror, I think we got ours for $10 or $20 on Black Friday.
- Update the paint - You can always update the color & quality of paint to give your bathroom that new look. Pretty simple & can really change the whole feel of the room.
- New Vanity - Once again we had the "cheap look" vanities. We found some nice ones on Black Friday for $99. Although we did a pedestal sink which we found used for $50 in the main bath. Getting rid of the large cheap vanities made much more room & made the bathrooms look much more modern.
- New Plumbing Fixtures - We purchased a new toilet for each of these bathrooms and spent the little extra to get a nice one (the EverClean Cadet 3 by American Standard). The toilet stays clean because of the special surface in it and looks much nicer than the $50 toilets we previously had which had horrible hard water stains. You can also update the shower/tub with items such as the jacuzzi tubs at qualitybath.com
- New Linens & Decorations - Another thing you can do for not much money is get new towels, towelbars (if needed), etc. This is one thing I still need to do for my daughters bathroom - I am currently searching for Disney Princess items for the bathroom for a decent price.
Well we should have my daughter bathroom complete VERY soon & I will make sure to post pictures for all of you to check it out! Next, on to our bathroom - the last one we need to do. However, I think we will take care of some other things before we start ours because with ours we want to tile the shower too. This is one more thing you could add to the list as it can make a huge difference as well, but I did not include it as it definitely is not as simple as the others!