Monday, October 29, 2012

Tip for the Week - Save money by making your own fabric softener

It is crazy how much prices have went up the last few years on, well, everything!  From Gas to Groceries, to even Fabric Softener!  We recently had a batch of clothes that sat in the washer too long and got that mildew smell - as I wondered how to get mildew smell out of clothes I came across the answer - Vinegar!  I didn't want my clothes to smell like Vinegar though and as I kept looking I came across an excellent Fabric Softener Recipe (I modified mine a bit).  So here you have it!  An excellent (AND CHEAP) recipe to make your own Fabric Softener!

Get an Empty Milk Jug (or similar container) and mix the following

3 1/2 Cups Distilled White Vinegar
1 Bottle Conditioner of any scent you want (usually 20 - 24 ounces)
8 - 9 Cups of Hot Water

Shake in Container to Mix well and you are done!  Use 1/4 cup per load (or I use a little less since I have a HE washer).  This only costs a few dollars (probably $4 or more depending on the conditioner you use) and should do around 70 loads or so!  Much cheaper and I think it works so much better!

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker

Pageviews last month

Design Credits

Blog designed by
Custom Blog Designs
using Flerg's Appletini Kit and stock image by Elena Sedova

DirtyTruthReviews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP