Thursday, February 9, 2012

Amazingly Delicious Green Smoothie Recipe (from the Green Smoothie Girl).

Have you heard of Green smoothies?  Maybe the Green Smoothie girl?  Well I went to one of her seminars and it was great!  I decided for this pregnancy this will help me with a healthy diet.  I am horrible about eating breakfast, and really lunch for that matter.....  but drinking green smoothies is no problem!

I experimented with my first few green smoothies and we had some great ones, and some dump down the drain ones.  Then I found Robyn's (The Green Smoothie Girl) recipe that she usually uses!  Here it is (I cut my recipe in half because I have a smaller blender).


Makes 8 cups of 100% raw smoothie.
Put 2 1/2 cups filtered water in the BlendTec Total Blender.
Optionally, add:
½ tsp. stevia (herbal sweetener) or ¼ cup raw, organic agave nectar (low glycemic index)
¼ whole lemon, including peel (anti-skin cancer, high in flavanoids)
2-3 Tbsp. fresh, refrigerated flax oil (omega-3 rich oil)
Gradually add greens until, briefly pureed, the mixture comes up the 5-cup line (or less if you are “converting”):
¾ to 1 lb. raw, washed greens, added up to 5 ½ cup line:
spinach, chard, kale, collards
Puree greens mixture for 90 seconds until very smooth.
Gradually add fruit until the container is very full, blend 90 seconds or until smooth:
1-2 bananas
1-2 cups frozen mixed berries
any other fruit to taste: pears, peaches, apples, oranges, apricots, cantaloupe, mango, pineapple


You can view this recipe on her blog here: Green Smoothie Recipe

OH and take it easy on the lemon - a little (and I mean very little) goes a long ways!  For mine I use a tad less lemon than called for, spinach and collards for the greens, bananas, and frozen berries - sometimes I add the Agave nectar but not always!

Let me know if you try this out and what you think! 

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker

Pageviews last month

Design Credits

Blog designed by
Custom Blog Designs
using Flerg's Appletini Kit and stock image by Elena Sedova

DirtyTruthReviews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP