Melanie Hurley is the founder of Piggy Paint. One day while painting her daughters nails over a foam plate, her daughter dropped a glob of finger nail polish dropped onto plate. Shortly after, the solventpbased polish began to bubble and "ate" through the plate. She decided to test all of her other "kid" polishes on the foam plate. Within minutes, ALL of the solvent-based polishes did the same. She decided any flammable susbtance that could eat through foam wasn't acceptable for her kids fingernails, which inevitably end up in their mouths.
She created Piggy Paint, a polis that is not flammable and can sit on a foam plate without any affect. It is a water-based polish formulated of natural ingredients. It's free of formaldehyde, toluene, phtalates, biphenyl A, ethyl acetate and acetone.
Another plus that you all know from previous reviews I love? It is made in the USA!
I received one bottle of the their fingernail polish and a bottle of the finger nail polish remover to review. My daughter was so excited to paint her nails, we don't do it often because my husband worries about all these chemicals too! I was worried with this all natural that it would be clumpy or maybe not look the best on. It went on smoothly and looked great, so great that I painted my own nails with it too! My daughter did immediately sticker her fingers in her mouth (partially due to her being a thumb sucker). I have to admit it was rather nice to know that the finger nail polish that she had on did not contain anything harmful! I really like Piggy Paint and think it is a great and well needed item! I am so glad that Melanie decided to make this!
COUPON CODE: Use Code TRUTHY10L for 10% off your order (Expires 02/28/11).
TO BUY: You can buy the Piggy Paint Polish online at www.PiggyPaint.com
TO WIN: One lucky reader will win a $15 Credit to www.PiggyPaint.com! - Complete ALL Mandatory entries below and any Optional/Bonus entries you want - Leave a separate comment for each and make sure your e-mail address is in each comment!!!
- Go to PiggyPaint.com and comment here what your favorite item/color is or something you learned.
- Follow Dirty Truth Reviews on Google Friend Connect
- Subscribe to Dirty Truth Reviews Email updates
- Subscribe to Dirty Truth Reviews RSS Feed
- Follow Piggy Paint on Twitter
- Follow me on Twitter (AshlyDTR)
- Like Piggy Paint on Facebook
- Like DirtyTruthReviews on Facebook
- One Entry for every other current giveaway you enter on this blog
- 2 entries - Post on Piggy Paints Facebook wall that you entered the giveaway for a $15 credit at DirtyTruthReviews.Blogspot.com
- 2 entries - Blog about this giveaway, Tweet it, or post on facebook!
- 2 entries - Add my button to your blog
- 2 entries - Add this Giveaway to a Linky that is is NOT already on and leave a link to it in your comment!
- 5 entries - Make any purchase from now until January 1st at www.Piggypaint.com